Hi there! I’m Lynne, Founder and Creative Director of Life as a Mortician’s Wife. I am Mom to two rescue cats ‘Louie & Lily and our new rescue pup Gracie, wife to a wonderful guy “Morty“, Life & Grief Support, writer, party planner and, I am so glad you are here!
Before Life as a Mortician’s Wife: I was going through “the healing stages” of a divorce and losing my son Tommy to cancer. The hospital and clergy referred me to several Bereavement Groups and Therapists. The bereavement groups were not focused on one particular loss. Each session I went to – I was the only person in the group, who lost their child through an illness. So you can imagine, I got a lot of “Oh, at least you knew” kind of comments. Back then the head doctors and counselors were full of textbook stuff and prescriptions. Finally fed up, I canceled my appointments, trashed the prescriptions, and threw myself into a lake. Well, almost. Instead, I threw my self into work and helping other moms at the hospital. I sat with many children during their dying hours and held many mothers to comfort. We learned so much from one another and most of all, we learned from our children. Our child’s attitude was laughter and love, their outlook on life was of strength and bravery.
Stuff you probably don’t know about me unless ya dug it up:
- I’m very picky about what TV Shows I watch. Like, Once Upon a Time, Sleepy Hollow, Dateline, Fixer Upper, I know every word to the Godfather Movie and love Alfred Hitchcock Movies.
- My Dad’s French Canadian and my Mom’s Welsh and they spawned five insanely hardworking kids.
- I love RESTORING old furniture. Yes, I drag home furniture roadkill and fix ’em up and sell them.
- I’ve moved 24 times and lived in 7 states. And, I still think about where we’ll go next.
- I prefer Hockey over Football. Though I’ll watch Buffalo & Miami every time they play.
- I was once tackled to the ground, by 5 London Airport Police. One was kinda cute.
- I always keep pennies for random stops at Cemeteries. I stroll around, read headstones, and place a penny there.
- My son Tommy was the 11th wish child for Make-A-Wish. Morty and I became wish grantors 2yrs after we met.
- I don’t mind flying monkeys…but flying cockroaches – mortify me.
Disclosures: I maintain full editorial control of this blog at ALL times. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. I write for my own purposes. However, I may be influenced by my background, family occupations, political affiliation, or experience.
Privacy: I take your privacy seriously. Email addresses collected at the time of comment creation will never be used in a commercial fashion. They will never be sold. They are stored securely. If you would like to give me permission to have your email address for a future newsletter (from me) feel free to contact me.
Copyright: This work is licensed under private copyright. All photos are taken by me personally, friends, google images, and purchased from on-site retail companies. This Blog is a product of the writer’s everyday life of a Mortician’s Wife. Names, characters, businesses, organizations, places, events, and incidents are either a coincidence or I’ve been given permission to use the material. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.